Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

XZ-1 & wide-angle wet lenses?

Started by philwat44@gmail.com ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

XZ-1 & wide-angle wet lenses?

6 posts
  1. Is anyone using the XZ-1 in the Olympus housing, and adding 3rd-party wide-angle wet lenses? Such as the Ike W-20 or the Dyron 14mm fisheye? I know there is an Olympus wide-angle lens available, but I am not sure if these other makes play nicely with the Oly housing.

     

    Thanks!

  2. The Ike WP-20 vignettes badly. The smallest idea is the Nauticam Wet Mount wide angle replacement lens. While not a true wide angle lens, it is very small and will get you back to the 28mm FOV you have above water without vignette. The Oly lens works pretty well, some vignette but a veyr wide FOV. But it is large, heavy, and not cheap.

     

    Jack

  3. Thanks Jack, just what I wanted to know.

     

    Phil

  4. I recommend the Oly wide-angle lens with the XZ-1. Very sharp & wide, and I didn't see any vignetting when I tested it. Good luck! - Scott

  5. The Ike WP-20 vignettes badly. The smallest idea is the Nauticam Wet Mount wide angle replacement lens. While not a true wide angle lens, it is very small and will get you back to the 28mm FOV you have above water without vignette. The Oly lens works pretty well, some vignette but a veyr wide FOV. But it is large, heavy, and not cheap.

     

    Jack

    any way to mount an INON WAL 100 Type Two on XY-1?

  6. any way to mount an INON WAL 100 Type Two on XY-1?

     

    I don't have this camera, but according to Reef Photo, the UWL-H100 M67 type 1 should work with the Olympus PT-050 housing:

     

    Reef Photo: Inon UWL-H100 M67 Type 1

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.