Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

UV fluorescence photography

Started by nathanm ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

UV fluorescence photography

3 posts
  1. I did a UV fluorescence night dive in Bonaire last year. It is pretty amazing.

     

    I would like to photograph the result

     

    To do this I need to get:

     

    - UV lights - for focusing, and as a dive light

    - UV transmission filter for flash (I use Secam 150)

    - UV-barrier filter for camera lens

    - UV barrier filter for scuba mask

     

    There is only a couple brands of lights. Dryon has an LED light that just came out. Does anybody have any experience with it? Also, who sells it?

     

    Reef Photo seems to offer the Glow UV dive light. They also have some Glow brand UV transmission filters for flashes.

     

    NightSea also has lights, and sells filters, although not for Seacam (but perhaps they have somethat would work).

     

    If anybody has experience with these products it would be very helpful!

     

     

     

     

     

    Nathan

  2. I did a UV fluorescence night dive in Bonaire last year. It is pretty amazing.

     

    I would like to photograph the result

     

    To do this I need to get:

     

    - UV lights - for focusing, and as a dive light

    - UV transmission filter for flash (I use Secam 150)

    - UV-barrier filter for camera lens

    - UV barrier filter for scuba mask

     

    There is only a couple brands of lights. Dryon has an LED light that just came out. Does anybody have any experience with it? Also, who sells it?

     

    Reef Photo seems to offer the Glow UV dive light. They also have some Glow brand UV transmission filters for flashes.

     

    NightSea also has lights, and sells filters, although not for Seacam (but perhaps they have somethat would work).

     

    If anybody has experience with these products it would be very helpful!

     

     

     

     

     

    Nathan

     

    I have the nightsea stuff. Works great and the filter for the strobe and for the port are quite generic and I suspect they have some large enough for your seacam strobes

    Bill

  3. Bluewater Photo is selling the Dyron UV lights.. We have a couple on the way and I'll let you know how it goes after I try them out. - Scott

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.