Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Inon UFL150 ZM80

Started by Pete L ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Inon UFL150 ZM80

4 posts
  1. I borrowed one of the new Inon UFL150 ZM80 lenses from a friend today & took it for a dive with my canon S90/FIX housing combo. Once i got the zoom sorted & worked out that you don't put the camera into macro focus, just leave it on auto focus then i fired away.

    All seemed well until i downloaded the photos & realized that the outside edges of nearly every shot is badly distorted. Some of the shots are upto probably 1/3 of the photo is distorted.

    So my main question at the moment is, is anyone using this combo & if so on what settings?

    Also, if you move the lenses closer & further from the front port does that make any difference?

    I just had it screwed hard upto the front port.

    Cheers Pete.

     

    You can see in this photo, exactly what i am talking about.

    IMG_0030-1.jpg

    Edited by bluefacemanta
  2. I borrowed one of the new Inon UFL150 ZM80 lenses from a friend today & took it for a dive with my canon S90/FIX housing combo. Once i got the zoom sorted & worked out that you don't put the camera into macro focus, just leave it on auto focus then i fired away.

    All seemed well until i downloaded the photos & realized that the outside edges of nearly every shot is badly distorted. Some of the shots are upto probably 1/3 of the photo is distorted.

    So my main question at the moment is, is anyone using this combo & if so on what settings?

    Also, if you move the lenses closer & further from the front port does that make any difference?

    I just had it screwed hard upto the front port.

    Cheers Pete.

     

    You can see in this photo, exactly what i am talking about.

    IMG_0030-1.jpg

    It is a fisheye lens. I am using the endoscope version with not such strange results. I would try shooting more toward the wide angle of your zoom range.

    Bill

  3. Hi Bill, thanks for that. If i use the camera on a wider setting then i get the black corners which i think is called vignetting? I wouldn't mind so much if the very outside edges were blurry but it is almost 2/3s the frame.

    Maybe it can only be used for extremely close shots? Or shots where there is no background.

    I have seen photos from these lenses that all the corners are sharp so maybe they have cropped them alot.

    Cheers Pete.

  4. I went out for another test dive today. This time i put the S90 in full zoom. That is 105mm i think.

    I think it made a small difference but not much. You can still see the edges are quite distorted, but not as bad as the other shots i have taken.

     

    092.jpg

     

    Cheers Pete.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.