Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Tethered shooting Nikon and video

Started by loftus ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Tethered shooting Nikon and video

5 posts
  1. Is there such a thing as tethered shooting on video with Nikon DSLR's? I see Canon has an EOS utility for this. Is there a way to simply capture video as you shoot it directly to your computer say into Final Cut?

    Edited by loftus
  2. I'm assuming you are talking about the D7000? With a HDMI feed in some converter like BlackMagic, you can monitor the feed through HDMI and record onto CF card. The signal from the HDMI isn't clean (settings modes etc) and only in 720p24 I think so I don't think it's worth recording directly.

  3. Don't know about shooting tethered underwater, but if it is for topside, then check this website out.

     

    http://www.controlmynikon.com/

     

    I initially picked up the controlmynikon software for a focus stacking project and liked it so much I also bought the Cinematographer Pro package as well. I think Cinematographer Pro will be the program you will find most useful.

     

    Don't let the extremely low price of both packages deter you. These two software programs have got to be the best kept secret on the web.

     

    I still can't believe the guy is only charging what he is for such a great product, considering a 7 inch Marshall monitor will set you back somewhere near $400-$500 and it won't even trigger the camera for you.

     

    I have no affiliation with the product other than being a very satisfied customer.

     

    Let us know how you do with it.

  4. Thanks; looks interesting. Yes, I am interested in using it for topside and pool work. (I have a long USB cord to my housing)

    It's Windows only right now, but I guess should run on Parallels. It's does not appear that the recorded video is actually downloaded to the PC though as you shoot ,the way stills are when one is tethered.

    I will download the trial, thanks.

  5. Wow Paul what a find!

     

    That is a lot of app for the price - guy must have displaced a decimal point somewhere.

     

    Thanks,

     

    Paul C

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.