Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

D7000 autofocus settings query

Started by Davidhol ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

D7000 autofocus settings query

4 posts
  1. When I first started using this camera I was amazed at the autofocus speed. I have been learning the camera and have fiddled with almost all settings but now find that my autofocus has slowed down a lot and cannot remember my starting point.

     

    I'm using AF S and single point focus right now and have tried all 3 number of focal point settings since noticing the slow down. I do not think that there has been much change in water clarity but I'm wondering if an increase in micro particles might be a cause? Any suggestions and your preferred settings will be appreciated.

  2. Reset the camera to factory default if you suspect a setting issue.

  3. When I first started using this camera I was amazed at the autofocus speed. I have been learning the camera and have fiddled with almost all settings but now find that my autofocus has slowed down a lot and cannot remember my starting point.

     

    I'm using AF S and single point focus right now and have tried all 3 number of focal point settings since noticing the slow down. I do not think that there has been much change in water clarity but I'm wondering if an increase in micro particles might be a cause? Any suggestions and your preferred settings will be appreciated.

     

    I can't see any settings apart from live view that would make autofocus slower. Are you using the same lens as when you started ?

  4. I went back to factory settings and and have only the one lens. Today viz was good but a lot of large plankton in the water and the focus was definitely slower so I'm leaning towards water clarity being the factor even when I can't see difference

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.