Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Books for digital photographers

Started by davephdv ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Books for digital photographers

3 posts
  1. Have started reading through DIGITAL IMAGING FOR THE UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHER by Jack and Sue Drafahl. Having been using Photoshop and scanning slides for years I didn't think it would be of much value. But it gives lot of good advice and techniques. Unless your Adobedave you might consider taking a look at it.:)

  2. Me too.

     

    I too have bought a copy of the same book (which at 39.95 is not cheap and I had to pay 15 dollars shipping on top) and even as a beginner I found it not too useful (as well) - well not unuseful, but I figured I learnt the whole thing (without the book) in about 8 hours messing on Photoshop and reading the image processing forum here.

     

    If it had been a third of the price an entitled "beginners guide to...." I think I would have been happier.

     

    If I had my 39.95 (+ shipping) again I would have just bought a Photoshop guide (and learnt a lot more).

  3. Sorry. The book is aimed at beginers. Even though I have experince it help me organize my process and get better results. I figured the price of the book was worth the 3 or 4 hours of fustration it saved me. I would not recommend it to highly proficient PS users.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.