Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

What Ikelite port body/extension ring for Tokina10-17 + Kenko 1.4 TC

Started by Scubabear ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

What Ikelite port body/extension ring for Tokina10-17 + Kenko 1.4 TC

5 posts
  1. Hey Ikelite users

     

    Im in a quandary and wonder if anyone has the setup Im hoping to get from Ikelite.

    I have a Nikon D7000 and Im buying a Tokina 10-17 FE lens and will be using sometime with the Kenko Teleplus Pro 300AF - 1.4x DGX.

    After searching the forum(s) I have discovered that a LOT of you like/love this combo.

    I would be using either the lens on its own or with the 1.4 TC with the 8" dome (for wrecks/sharks or any other WA shots) and a 5" dome in the future(for some CFWA).

    My question is what modular port body should I get/use when I use the 1.4 TC?

    Is the Super-Wide Angle Port Body (5510.11) with one of the extension rings the way to go? or

    Is the Standard Zoom Port Body (5510.16) or Nikon 12-24mm Port Body (5510.22) on their own the way to go?

     

    I also have a Nikon 60mm D lens that I am getting the flat port that uses the Nikon 12-24mm Port Body (5510.22).

     

    thanks in advance

     

    Terry

  2. Terry

    Your best option would be to use the 5510.16 port. I think if you try anything longer you will begin to see the port backing plate. This will also remove the bayonet mount from your setup and reduce you o-ring leak points by 1.

  3. Terry

    Your best option would be to use the 5510.16 port. I think if you try anything longer you will begin to see the port backing plate. This will also remove the bayonet mount from your setup and reduce you o-ring leak points by 1.

     

     

    Hi Bill

     

    thanks I have already emailed your company and have had a reply from Mary Schock that the dome is in stock and can be shipped asap

    A quick question to you (or anyone else) could I forgo the 8" dome and just use your 5" dome as my WA dome?

    I wont be be taking any over under shots.

     

    thanks Terry

  4. Yes the Precision 5” Dome wan become you wide angle dome. And since we have made it compatible with the ikelite modular system it can be used with a variety of lenses and ports as seen on our web site.

     

    We will be announcing a solution for Sea&Sea housings before spring and also hope to have something for Aquatica housings soon also.

  5. Yes the Precision 5” Dome wan become you wide angle dome. And since we have made it compatible with the ikelite modular system it can be used with a variety of lenses and ports as seen on our web site.

     

    We will be announcing a solution for Sea&Sea housings before spring and also hope to have something for Aquatica housings soon also.

     

     

    Hey Bill

    Thanks for the quick reply.

    What rings would I need with your dome and say my Nikon 60mm with and with out the 1.4 TC (Kenko)?

    Any ideas?

     

    thanks

     

    Terry

    p.s. Ill email Mary this Monday about getting your port.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.