Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Nikon PictureProject software

Started by Lndr ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon PictureProject software

5 posts
  1. Nikon PictureProject software

    Didn't notice this with the D70 being announced at the same time, but it looks interesting ...

     

    http://nikonimaging.com/global/news/2004/0128_08.htm

     

    ... useful software free with your digital camera ... what a novel idea :D ... i wonder if its just media release hype ???

  2. I'm skeptical! All the Nikon software to date that I have had to support cameras and scanners has been pathetic, and the support has been zero. I love Nikon cameras, but the software is lousy.

     

    IMHO :x

  3. Have to agree, my experiences with Scan 3 and Scan 4 have made me very wary of Nikon software - its does what it does OK but its so damned hard to figure it all out, really nasty for usability.

  4. Yeah, that's been my experience with most stuff that is boxed with camera's, which has included Ricoh and Sony wares. Even the ZoomBrowser that came with my 300D has some pretty major limitations beyond just downloading the files from the camera :D

     

    Guess I got my hopes up when they said they had considered user requirements when designing this new package. Had a laugh that they seemed to be saying it like it was a new concept ... oh well ... live in hope, eh?

  5. Nikon's software tends to be more useful than other camera manufacturers' self-produced software. But that's no better than the corporate mission statement, "We're no worse than the other guys".

     

    When I got my Coolscan, I installed Scan 3 software. It crashed my computer 38 times in one weekend. It came with the manual that had installation instructions. Inside the booklet it had a replacement "how to install the software" section. After I installed it, I found a loose sheet of paper in the box that had "how to install software", which superceded the manual and the insert.

     

    When I finally got a hold of tech support, they asked if I installed 3.0 or 3.1. All I had was 3. They said it didn't work. So I had to go to some hidden web page to download 3.1. The real story I heard goes that it was tested on a certain machine or similar machines and that they discovered that it locked up with machines that had a different brand of RAM that the machine(s) they tested with version 3.0. Ugh!

     

    I think I will wait until the next version of the software before I even look at it, and then it might still be scary.

     

    I updated from Nikon View 5 to 6 and lo and behold, Adobe Raw Converter would no longer work. I had to reinstall it.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.