Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Which Macro Setup

Started by Mooseman1007 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Which Macro Setup

5 posts
  1. Im off to Lembeh in March and need to add another wet lens to my EPL-2 setup. I have one Inon 165 already from my compact setup and although happy with the results, I did notice some chromatic abherrations in some conditions (not sure if it was from the Inon lens or from the Panasonic TZ10's own lens).

    Anyways the question is what diopter to add for best effect on the kit lens of the EPL-2, whilst either leaving the Inon on the compact for my fiance, or to stack on the EPL2 as necessary.

     

    I see the choices as another Inon M165 (rather than the weaker 330), an Epoque DML-2, FIT +5 (possibly also a little weak), +8 or +16, or a subsee +5 or +10. Could someone please let me know the advantages of these lenses as a comparison. Ideally I would add 2 so I can stack on the olympus and leave one on the panasonic but thats a budget issue :-)

     

    Hope you can help

    Mooseman

  2. My experience is that the inon adds a lot of chromatic abberation and the subsee does not. I dont have personal experience with the others.

  3. I can verify that the SubSee produces significantly less CA, nearly none, compared to stacked Inons.

  4. I have stacked Dyron 67 mm and Dyron 77 macro lenses.

  5. Well I was made an offer I couldnt refuse and got another 2 Inon 165's for half price. Means I can now add a focus light so whilst I may incur some CA issues with the Inons, Ill tackle that in Lightroom

    Almost time to start counting days before the trip :-)

    Mooseman

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.