Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

picture quality

Started by quickpix ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

picture quality

10 posts
  1. I have just started using my D7000 in a Ikelite housing with the big port and a Tokina 11/17 lens, along with Ikelite 2/Pro 2800 video lights.

    I am using the auto exposure setting and auto ISO.

    My pictures are good but not great.

    Per a recent post I set the lens between 4 & 7 ft. on a fixed focus.

    Mi videos are better than the stills, but not much.

    For stills I am using 2/Ikelite DS 51 strobes on TTL.

     

    Does someone have a better set up for me?

    I have been getting some great opportunities in Mexico with lots of turtles wrecks and bull sharks.

     

    You can check out my stills & vids on TouTube @ quickpix123

    HELP

  2. I am using the auto exposure setting and auto ISO.

     

    There's your problem, and not getting close enough.

    Your stills on Youtube look overexposed

  3. Just for fun set your camera to manual, 200 ISO, F/8, 1/180 and adjust your strobes for the light you want. Might take a couple tries but I bet you will like it. If the water is too dark slow your shutter speed slightly.

  4. Whoops, I see you were talking about video.

  5. Just for fun set your camera to manual, 200 ISO, F/8, 1/180 and adjust your strobes for the light you want. Might take a couple tries but I bet you will like it. If the water is too dark slow your shutter speed slightly.

     

     

    Great idea

    Anyone else have any other suggestions?

  6. Great idea

    Anyone else have any other suggestions?

     

    I will start using all manual settings, they are easily adjusted on a D7000.

     

    I am still perplexed about the static setting of the wide angle lens,

    I have tried between 3 & 7 ft, but all the us close pix are out of focus.

    The auto focus goes nuts so it is out of the question.

    It would be nice if it worked though.

    ??????

  7. Have you checked whether you need a diopter with that lens?

  8. Have you checked whether you need a diopter with that lens?

     

     

    I am going to use manual settings like suggested and auto focus on the lens.

    I can always turn off the AF.

     

    I will let you know in a couple of days how it turns out, as I am on a 2 month dive trip.

  9. Hmmm, just curious. Is it a Tokina 10-17 or a tokina 11-16? I don't think there is a 11-17.

  10. Hmmm, just curious. Is it a Tokina 10-17 or a tokina 11-16? I don't think there is a 11-17.

     

     

    Hey guyz I just wanted to report that I put all this advise into practice and here is the results.

     

     

    Thanks

     

    If you want to see more in following days let me know

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.