Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

GInnie Springs DPV

Started by decostanza ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

GInnie Springs DPV

3 posts
  1. Good day all,

     

    Here is a video I shot of one of my buds (Tim) teaching a DPV class at Ginnie Springs last week. Always have a great time in this system. Lighting turned out better than I thought for only having at my disposal my primary with a reflector (Dual Sola 4000 lights finally made it here...but only after I returned home...of course) Anyways, we had some fun and I thought you might enjoy this as well.

     

     

    [vimeohd]34641929[/vimeohd]

    Video mounted on SS-UV26

    Camera: Panasonic HD

     

     

    Best regards,

     

    Don

  2. Hey Don,

    Would have loved to do that dive; no caves in San Diego so never got certified but am envious. Loved your opening use of the texture and text for your credits. Some vignetting issues in the video and a lack of hard detail is some areas that may be due to the way it was encoded and compressed. Lighting seemed fine to me.

    Steve

  3. Thanks Steve for the input...I appreciate it. I believe the vignetting was caused by the wide angle which I need to replace. That and the Panasonic camera doesn't work real well in real low-light environments.

     

    Had a good time and since I've learned a lot lurking here... thought it was time to share a little.

     

    Best regards,

    Don

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.