Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sigma 8-16 with Ikelite dome

Started by pointy ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Sigma 8-16 with Ikelite dome

3 posts
  1. Could someone using an Ikelite housing/dome share their thoughts on the use of a Sigma 8-16 zoom lens underwater. I don't own this lens yet. I don't think the shade is detachable - would that not present a problem for its use behind a port? Do you have anything good or bad to say about this choice of equipment (before I buy)?

     

    John McCracken

  2. The integral shade is very small - smaller than the one on my older Zuiko 7-14mm that I shot with behind the Ike large dome.

     

    There's a few other discussions here that might help, although they don't use the Ike dome but rather a custom 5" diameter minidome from another member here:

     

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40726&hl=

  3. Thank You rtrski,

     

    I enjoyed the discussion from your link.

     

    John

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.