Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

nauticam zoom gear problem

Started by nathanm ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

nauticam zoom gear problem

6 posts
  1. I am helping my son with a new Nauticam 7D set up. We have the zoom gear for the Canon 10-22 zoom lens. The Nauticam zoom gear won't go on properly. I have seen the video tutorial so I know how they normally work. The focus gear for the 60mm macro works fine.

     

    The zoom gear has two parts - an inner sleeve, and the outer gear body. The problem is that when I put the inner sleeve onto the Canon 10-22 zoom lens, it is much too big - the sleeve won't even join up - there is a big gap between the two halves. As a result it won't fit into.

     

    Am I supposed to remove the rubber ring from the Canon lens? The Nauticam tutorial says sometimes you must do that but it does NOT want to come off....

     

    Surely somebody has figured this out!

  2. Yes, the zoom grip needs to be removed. I use a bamboo skewer to ease the grips off. Hope this helps, Tim

  3. Yes, the zoom grip needs to be removed. I use a bamboo skewer to ease the grips off. Hope this helps, Tim

    I don't use Canon lenses. For Nikkors, squeezing the rubber grip between thumb and fingers generally works.

    Bob

  4. I'm on a dive trip right now, so I needed a solution right away. My temporary fix is now working - I used some electrical tape - a few layers wrapped around the ring give the zoom gear a tight fit without using the ring.

  5. I'm on a dive trip right now, so I needed a solution right away. My temporary fix is now working - I used some electrical tape - a few layers wrapped around the ring give the zoom gear a tight fit without using the ring.

     

    You can stay as you are or remedy by setting up as intended by Nauticam.

     

    Remove the rubber ring from the zoom ring ( you can lift the edge and it will peel away ).

     

    Replace this with the inner collar of the gear and then fit the gear to the collar.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.