Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Philippines Muck Diving

Started by wgreenti ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Philippines Muck Diving

10 posts
  1. This short features some highlights from the muck near Anilao south of Batangas. The images were captured a few days after the passage of Tropical Storm Washi.

     

  2. This short features some highlights from the muck near Anilao south of Batangas. The images were captured a few days after the passage of Tropical Storm Washi.

     

     

     

    Very Nice. I love Anilao. Great to hear things are still good after the storm.

  3. Some very nice imaging in this. Been to a few places in the Philippines but never Anilao. Heard only good things about the diving there. Is it still as rustic as I heard it was as far as the accommodations?

     

    Steve

  4. Thanks, Steve.

     

    Your assumption on amenities is basically correct, and things are generally Spartan. Also, expect a lot of sleeplessness until getting used to the racket from the plentiful fighting birds.

     

    Do you have any other suggestions for destinations within the Philippines?

     

    Some very nice imaging in this. Been to a few places in the Philippines but never Anilao. Heard only good things about the diving there. Is it still as rustic as I heard it was as far as the accommodations?

     

    Steve

  5. I might spell them wrong but I dove Dumegetti, which had a great variety of macro, and a short hop to a near by Apo island . The people were super nice and the diving excellent. I also dove Puerta Gallera. I was a bit disappointed in the diving when I was there but have heard from others that they had a great trip.

    So its like anything, some times are better than other times. Puerta Gallera is a very small town and it is hard to walk a few feet without being stopped by a hooker seeking a chance to earn some of your money. I'm too cheap. I stayed at the Atlantis resort and found the food and amenities to be excellent.

    Steve

    Edited by Steve Douglas
  6. Is it still as rustic as I heard it was as far as the accommodations?

     

    Definitely not. Its true that the majority are far from luxury. But there is a handful of upscale places now, and a good range of options at different price points.

    One thing is for sure - its all about the diving, as there is no entertainment or nightlife, but some of us like it like that!

  7. We did make it to Apo Island. I'll post the link, as soon as I confirm that the video is OK on youtube (current monitor is too crappy to get a good look).

     

    I might spell them wrong but I dove Dumegetti, which had a great variety of macro, and a short hop to a near by Apo island . The people were super nice and the diving excellent.
    Edited by wgreenti
  8. Hey, Steve, these were the clips from Apo...a few ok scenes, especially when the viz was on, but the viz could go from spectacular to ordinary or worse in just minutes. The phenomenon may have related to the passing storm.

     

     

    (EDIT) Oops...sorry these clips were not about muck diving.

     

    I might spell them wrong but I dove Dumegetti, which had a great variety of macro, and a short hop to a near by Apo island . The people were super nice and the diving excellent.

    Steve

    Edited by wgreenti
  9. I was on a Fam at the time and the boat they were using to get to Apo Island was broken or some other such excuse. Unfortunately, we never got to go to Apo. Very nice shots you have there.

    Steve

  10. Thanks, Steve.

     

    Unfortunately, we were periodically shaken by dynamite blasts.

     

    I was on a Fam at the time and the boat they were using to get to Apo Island was broken or some other such excuse. Unfortunately, we never got to go to Apo. Very nice shots you have there.

    Steve

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.