Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

D-100 Aquatica housing strobe connections

Started by Toddo ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

D-100 Aquatica housing strobe connections

3 posts
  1. D-100 Aquatica housing strobe connections

    Hello everyone

     

    this is my first posting so please forgive me if these are questions that have been asked over and over.

     

    I have a D-100 with a Aquatica housing w/ dual bulkhead connector, Ike SS 200 and Ike DS 125 with a manual controller.

     

    I have read that some people like to only use one bulkhead connection at a time to keep the other clean incase there is a failure in one. If I were to do that does it matter if I use the 1st (5 wire) or the 2nd (3 wire) connecter first.

    (assuming that I use the manual controller for a wireless.)

     

    If I were to use both connectors do I need to use two non

    TTL cords or can I use a non TTL on the first connector and a normal cord on the 2nd connector that only has 3 wires coming out of it. Or is best to just cover the one contact on the camera with electrical tape? (Per Ikelite)

     

    And finally has any one ran into any funny little issues with any of this gear, working or not working together, that they were able to come up with a simple fix for the problem?

     

    Thanks for any input

     

    Toddo

     

    Nikon D-100, Aquatica housing, 12-24,17-35,105 macro, Ike SS200 & DS125

  2. Keep it simple. Use Ikelite non-TTL cords and you won't have to worry about whether you are plugging them in correctly, nor will you have to worry about taping over contacts.

     

    Whether you use one cord or two is a personal choice. I use one dual cord non-TTL. I carry several a single cord backup and a TTL dual cord backup. I just have to remember to tape over the TTL contacts if I go to a backup cord. I only have a single bulkhead. The probability is high that if one bulkhead fails the whole unit is toast. You are connecting to the same shoe.

     

    I have the same setup including the lenses you listed. I've used SS200's and DS125's. I haven't had any bugaboos with the system.

  3. I have an Aquatica housing for the S2. Mine is wired exactly as yours is wired - one 5pin and one 3pin bulkhead.

     

    My advice would be to follow George's advice :-) Get a few manual cords. I use a dual sync cord.

     

    James

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.