Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Inon - Nexus Straight Viewfinder

Started by tunc ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Inon - Nexus Straight Viewfinder

4 posts
  1. Dear All,

     

    I have just received my Inon straight viewfinder with nexus adapter , and installed it on my D200/D300s Converted Housing .The outer ring of the viewfinder fits very well . But after tightening the viewfinder with the ring nut tool , the viewfinder still seems to be loose and moving inside the adapter where the c ring is .

    I just wanted to ask if any of you using the same setup are experiencing this . I havent done a inwater test yet but looks a little bit scary . Wanted to be on the safe side and ask :D

     

    I have attached a very short video for you to see the movement after tightening the ring nut tool .

     

    Best Regards,

     

  2. That looks fairly normal to me. the viewfinder has a slip fit into the adapter. There are two o-rings in there to seal it against leaks. Is there any movement front to back? Push it into the housing and pull on it? That should be very minimum. Inside the adapter there should be a very thin clear friction washer then the snap ring. Otherwise it looks good. Just remember don't lift on the viewfinder. I find it easier to travel if it remove it, I undo the snap ring.

     

    Bill

  3. Hi Bill,

    Thank you so much for your response , i feel relieved now. Just to clarify ;where should be the friction washer exactly , i havent noticed that one ? Have to check on that one when i am back home. And doesnt the snap ring get week after time when you remove it ? Otherwise yes it is a great idea !

     

    Best Regards,

     

    Tunc Yavuzdogan

  4. The friction washer is between the adapter and the snap ring. I purchased new snap rings from mcmastercarr and replace them when they don't fit right. I don't travel a lot so that is like a annual service thing.

     

    Glad I could help out.

     

    Bill

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.