Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Beginner with a Canon A70

Started by airj1012 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Beginner with a Canon A70

2 posts
  1. Beginner with a Canon A70

    Hello, I just recently got my underwater casing for Christmas this year and plan to use it this March in Key Largo. I would like to know some tips and settings that are helpful for make the pictures the best they could be. Of course it would be good to have a strobe, but since I am only 19 and don't have much money to waste, I think I am going to lay off the strobe for a few trips if all goes well. Well any kind of help would be much appreciated, thanks.

  2. Hi,

     

    I don't have expirience with the A70 but with other Canon Compact Cameras.

     

    Here my quick tips:

     

    - Use the Internal Flash allways beside wideangle (panoramic) shots.

     

    - Shoot in the best Resolution and Quality your camera can.

     

    - Get Close... if you think you are close enough get closer.

     

    - Use the Macromode (Flower Symbol) when you try to photograph anything small or the pictures won't get sharp.

     

    - Learn to tell how your subject (Fish) will move next and try to shoot early, since it will take some fractures of a second between pressing the shutter and the pic is actually made (shutter Lag). If you do this you can avoid a lot of "Fish Butt" Shots

     

    - Get a good Photo Editing Program - Photoshop is best but you can also use Photoshop Elements, gimp or another lowcost program. You will probably want to do Level Corrections (very important when not using RAW files and Strobe) Backscatter removal (very important because of internal flash) and sharpening.

     

    -Have Fun

     

    Greetings from Germany

    Simon

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.