Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

NEX-7 Photos

Started by Cp ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

NEX-7 Photos

9 posts
  1. Our initial news item about the new housing for Sony NEX-7 feature CAD drawings of the housing. Here are some actual shots of the housing:

     

    Nauticam%20Nex7%202.jpg

     

    Nauticam%20Nex7%209.jpg

     

    Nauticam%20nex7%201.jpg

     

    Nauticam%20Nex7%208.jpg

     

    Nauticam%20Nex7%203.jpg

     

    Nauticam%20Nex7%204.jpg

     

    Cheers,

    CP

  2. Our initial news item about the new housing for Sony NEX-7 feature CAD drawings of the housing. Here are some actual shots of the housing:

    Cheers,

    CP

    Very sweet housing. Have you got one wet yet?

    Bob

  3. Very sweet housing. Have you got one wet yet?

    Bob

     

    I spilled my gin&tonic on it in Vegas.

     

    Kidding.

     

    I have not. I can't wait to try it. The camera is sweet. Edward has had it in the water; here are some pics:

    http://nauticam.smugmug.com/HousingTests/NA-V1-test-Dec-2011

     

    Cheers,

    Cp

  4. Awesome, especially the w/a shots. I noticed how you rented a rubber whale shark to come up under the dive boat, nice touch.

     

    OK, what's up with 10mm + Fisheye UWL-04 shots? A wet lens on a DSLR? Crystal sharp too!

     

    Spill Edward... :-)

     

    Jack

  5. I spilled my gin&tonic on it in Vegas.

     

    Kidding.

     

    I have not. I can't wait to try it. The camera is sweet. Edward has had it in the water; here are some pics:

    http://nauticam.smugmug.com/HousingTests/NA-V1-test-Dec-2011

     

    Cheers,

    Cp

    Yo Chris,

    Speaking of gin, I think those are pics from the Nikon V1 with the SB-N5 strobe (in a non exesisting strobe housing ???). So send either of those to Colorado and baptize it in vino tinto.

    Bob

  6. Yo Chris,

    Speaking of gin, I think those are pics from the Nikon V1 with the SB-N5 strobe (in a non exesisting strobe housing ???). So send either of those to Colorado and baptize it in vino tinto.

    Bob

     

    Correct you are... I was cross thinking V1 and NEX-7. The V1 housing supports the SB-N5 flash unit inside the housing, hence how tall that housing is. Edward tells me that the flash is elevated enough that, with a diffuser, it's useful for macro shooting. That might be a good option for someone who does not want an external strobe to deal with.

     

    We can send as many as you want. What you do with them is your business. :D

     

    I thought he had NEX-7 images up, but I guess they are not posted yet. I'll keep my eye out for them.

     

    Cheers,

    Cp

    Edited by Cp
  7. Correct you are... I was cross thinking V1 and NEX-7. The V1 housing supports the SB-N5 flash unit inside the housing, hence how tall that housing is. Edward tells me that the flash is elevated enough that, with a diffuser, it's useful for macro shooting. That might be a good option for someone who does not want an external strobe to deal with.

     

    We can send as many as you want. What you do with them is your business. :D

     

    I thought he had NEX-7 images up, but I guess they are not posted yet. I'll keep my eye out for them.

     

    Cheers,

    Cp

    I am really trying to work up some love for this camera. I does have fast AF and a 1/250 sync with the mechanical shutter. If the FT1 adaptor will fit in the housing/port, then the 40 mm DX micro lens could be an option.

    Bob

  8. To be clear Bob is off the topic of the NEX-7 camera and Nauticam housing and onto the Nikon V-1 and Nauticam housing which was brought up in error regarding the photo gallery.

     

    Phil Rudin

  9. To be clear Bob is off the topic of the NEX-7 camera and Nauticam housing and onto the Nikon V-1 and Nauticam housing which was brought up in error regarding the photo gallery.

     

    Phil Rudin

    Yes Phil, I was talking about the Nikon. People who know me know I am totally tangential. Thanks for the clarification.

    Bob

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.