Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Metering Mode Canon 7D

Started by Robotpimp ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Metering Mode Canon 7D

2 posts
  1. I plan to photograph Great White Sharks from a cage in the next couple of weeks. I have a Canon 7D with a Nauticam housing. I've been using the camera on land set to Evaluative Metering and was wondering whether I should continue with this setting for the shark shoot or if one of the other metering modes would be better suited?

     

    All lighting will be natural and I'll be using a Canon 10-22mm lens with a Nauticam 8.5" dome port.

     

    Any advice is appreciated.

     

     

    Regards,

     

    MJ

  2. I plan to photograph Great White Sharks from a cage in the next couple of weeks. I have a Canon 7D with a Nauticam housing. I've been using the camera on land set to Evaluative Metering and was wondering whether I should continue with this setting for the shark shoot or if one of the other metering modes would be better suited?

     

    All lighting will be natural and I'll be using a Canon 10-22mm lens with a Nauticam 8.5" dome port.

     

    Any advice is appreciated.

     

     

    Regards,

     

    MJ

     

    Evaluative is a good starting point. Remember the water is often darker then mid-grey, so a little minus exposure compensation will help... around 1/2 stop (or 2/3 stop if you're using thirds) will be good.

    darren

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.