Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

My plan to win the Picture of the week competition

Started by Bent C ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

My plan to win the Picture of the week competition

6 posts
  1. Hi

     

    I have an urge to win the picture of the week competition. I have a plan to enlist a more or less OK picture and then get loads of my friends to enlist during that week and let them vote for my picture. Not only that, but I am a sucker for positive feed back as well, so my friends could write nice comments such as Great picture, amazing, pure magic in the comments as well. What do you all think, should I just go ahead and do it?

     

    Cheers Bent

     

    Disclaimer: If the above seems to be slightly ironic, that is as intended!

    Edited by Bent C
  2. While I try (most of the time!) not to be this cynical, it would be a nice addition to the final result if we could see how many votes each photo scored.

  3. While I try (most of the time!) not to be this cynical, it would be a nice addition to the final result if we could see how many votes each photo scored.

     

    I guess that the most interesting point would be how many of the votes came from members that recently (within a week or so from voting!) entered Wetpixel! It kind of deflates the point of the competition if it is to obvious that winners win by the strategy I outlined above.

     

    Cheers Bent

  4. Well if you get 100k votes, we'll know to disqualify you :)

  5. Thanks, Adam!

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.