Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Viwefinder Thank you

Started by diver dave1 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Viwefinder Thank you

5 posts
  1. Just a big thanks regarding information from many on this site regarding viewfinders.

    I went to a local diving shop pool to test out my new Nauticam 180 viewfinder. There was another photo addict there that mentioned he just sent his Nauticam 45 viewfinder back. He could not find his subject when shooting macro and did not press through the learning curve. He gave up and sent it back.

     

    If not for this site and all the advice given, I would have purchased the 45 viewfinder and been as frustrated as the other guy. Instead, when I went into the pool with the 180, I could immediately find the test subject in the viewfinder and all looked so wonderful. So I am looking forward to my up coming trip with the new viewfinder.

     

    So thanks to many, particularly the A. Mustard viewfinder article some months back, for aiding in selecting my latest gadget.

  2. I'm glad you found the solution which suited you Dave. FWIW, I use INON 45s on my two NA-7Ds. Yes initially, target acquisition may be an issue. but a 45 pays dividends later, for both macro and w/a.

  3. Thanks for the comments. Oh, I want a 45 badly enough. But I only get to dive maybe 3 weeks per yr and those are usually spread out. From reading here, most say I would have a learning curve the first few days each trip. So the 45 may have to wait a while until I find some lucrative income near the ocean, or retire.

  4. Thanks for the comments. Oh, I want a 45 badly enough. But I only get to dive maybe 3 weeks per yr and those are usually spread out. From reading here, most say I would have a learning curve the first few days each trip. So the 45 may have to wait a while until I find some lucrative income near the ocean, or retire.

     

    I changed from a straight Nauticam to a 45 degree viewfinder. I quickly got into finding the subjects with horizontal positioning of the camera, but still struggle when I use the camera vertically. However, for me the pros with the 45 definitely outweighs the frustration of not finding stuff vertically.

     

    Cheers Bent

  5. Congrats on the new edition to your kit Dave. Glad you finally narrowed it down and are happy with your choice.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.