Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Experiences with Dive Master Insurance UK

Started by giftie ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Experiences with Dive Master Insurance UK

6 posts
  1. Experiences with Dive Master Insurance UK

    Any good/bad 1st hand experiences with them?

    Problems with claims, customer service?

    Any alternative companies (H2O and Depp are a no-go for European based UW photographers)?

    Feedback appreciated.

     

    Cheers

  2. I think DEPP should work for european photographers. AFAIK only H20 (DAN) is US-Residents only.

     

    I'm also looking in this topic at the moment. when I have mor info I'll post it.

     

    BTW: There is an official Pinned Insurance Thread ... I think in the Galley.

     

    Simon

  3. Do you ever do any official work Simon? :D

  4. Not while waiting for the Compiler on the incredible slow mchines of my costumer... its more like 10 minutes working 15 minutes waiting 10 minutes working 15 minutes waiting ;-)

     

    But they are paying me for the waiting time ... so thats ok with me ;-)

     

    Simon

  5. According to the their Dive Equipment Insurance Policy, insured equipment in the care and custody of an airline or carrier at an airport of departure or arrival is not covered for theft.

     

    Meaning checked luggage containing UW equipment, in particular Photo and/or Video is not covered!!!

  6. Dive-Master insurance

    I have recently posted in the sticky insurance thread on my experiences with Dive Master.

     

    But in short excellent.

     

    I had a strobe flood on a recent trip to Raja Ampat Papua and they were great. Very quick, no quibbles about paying and they rang me regularly to keep me informed. Got the Cheque within two weeks of posting my claim.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.