Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Jim Helemn's Underwater reefscape rig

Started by loftus ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Jim Helemn's Underwater reefscape rig

4 posts
  1. He's had a rather more modest version on the boat today - as he's just doing some more normal photography, rather than working on one of his big pictures.

     

    Alex

  2. He's hanging out with you is he? Cool. I emailed him to ask if he modifies his Photoflex soft boxes for underwater himself, or someone does it for him. If you don't mind ask him for me. I've ruined a good few soft boxes in the pool.

  3. It was great to get to meet Jim and dive with him this week. I got to talk with him about how he does his technique for getting those amazing reefscapes. (And I thought I could take a few shots and get a panoramic underwater :) ). So much work involved - many, many pictures on one reef as well as dives to get the final image. And the computer he uses to manipulate all of the images to get the final product...well, let's just say I could travel for diving on that cost for a few years to about anywhere I wanted! I will say, that his strobes are huge. I would not want to lug those things around.

     

     

    Happy diving - DiverPam

    Edited by DiverPam
Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.