Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

d7000 - where the heck can I buy one?

Started by Scotttyd ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

d7000 - where the heck can I buy one?

14 posts
  1. So I am having trouble locting a Nikon d7000 - does anybody know who has them in stock? Most of the usual suspects are out of stock (reef, backscatter, adorama, B&H photo)

  2. I can help - Australia may be just a bit to far away......

  3. reef just got one in - looks like I got lucky - who thought it would be so hard to spend my money

  4. so the camera body is on order - it did not come with the kit lense 18-105. So, I need to get a general topside lense - should I get the 18-105, or for the same money I could get a 18-55 and a 55-200?

     

    For underwater use I plan on getting a 60mm macro and a 10-17.

  5. If you want a nice lens for a good price ($200), get the 35mm prime lens. Takes good portrait pics and very easy to carry your camera around as it is small and light...

  6. Aside from getting lucky, just talk to someone in Cameta/Adorama/B&H and pre-order it. Stock has been slim since the floods in Thailand.

    I got lucky on Amazon, less than an hour after I bought mine they were out of stock.

  7. If you want a nice lens for a good price ($200), get the 35mm prime lens. Takes good portrait pics and very easy to carry your camera around as it is small and light...

     

     

    the only issue is that it doesn't have any zoom to it - not really versitile enough for vactions/ etc.

  8. the only issue is that it doesn't have any zoom to it - not really versitile enough for vactions/ etc.

    The 35mm is a good cheap lens. A lower cost alternative is a 18-55mm. It came as a kit lens on the Nikon D40. A lot of people like the 18-200mm as well. Although you can pick up a cheap 18-55 and 55-200 used fairly easily.

  9. Aside from getting lucky, just talk to someone in Cameta/Adorama/B&H and pre-order it. Stock has been slim since the floods in Thailand.

    I got lucky on Amazon, less than an hour after I bought mine they were out of stock.

     

    you and me both.

    went to 4 shops and only 1 has it.

  10. The VR version of the 18-55mm lens is very cheap and a versatile lens for both above and underwater. The VR helps for video, too.

  11. Sigma 17-70 is a good choice for both above and below.

  12. I agree that Nikon 18-55 is good,lightweight lens suitable for trips e.t.c.

    Edited by GiannisRethymno
  13. Very popular line-up of lenses for the D7000 are mentioned above and supported by most housing mfgs. You are on track with two of the best. The Tokina 10-17mm is fantastic and consider adding the Kenko 1.4 teleconverter to it. Can't go wrong with the 60mm. Honestly I can travel with just those three pcs. But down the road the Sigma 17-70mm is a great "don't know what you will see" underwater lens and good dry land walk-around. Most eventually add the Nikon 105mm for Macro. Lots of other good lenses used by others and new one always coming out.

    Edited by NWDiver
  14. Check Helix camera in Chicago, I got one there last week!

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.