Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Maldives - E-PL3

Started by spencerjb22 ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Maldives - E-PL3

10 posts
  1. Hi,

     

     

     

    Not posted any pics on here before, so here goes my modest effort.

     

    This was my first major outing with my new E-PL3 set up...made loads of mistakes, learnt a lot, slowly got to grips with it and overall really enjoyed using it.

     

    Link to wholse set here

     

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sjburrows/set...57629031185843/

     

     

    A few snippets below.

     

     

    Hope you like... as always, any feedback/advice always welcome.

     

    6761849173_e3983259b8_z.jpg

    2-73 by spencerjb22, on Flickr

     

     

    6761983187_45781a6f09_z.jpg

    2-100 by spencerjb22, on Flickr

     

     

    6762080439_e8ac6fe457_z.jpg

    2-124 by spencerjb22, on Flickr

     

    6762116787_684080de92_z.jpg

    2-134 by spencerjb22, on Flickr

     

    6762016023_b3b8e3ff7c_z.jpg

    2-106 by spencerjb22, on Flickr

     

    6761886975_2eeb5b7787_z.jpg

    2-83 by spencerjb22, on Flickr

    Edited by spencerjb22
  2. Nice!

     

    What lense and port are you using?

  3. Nice set. I'm interested in what settings you used for a majority of the shark shots. It doesn't look like a strobe was used but it also looks like it was taken in low light. Just curious.

  4. Wow, I came here to read about the camera but ending up just enjoying the images, including the full set. Lovely fishies !

     

    Bart

  5. Hi,

     

     

     

    I would say 85 % are with the kit lens and kit port. I did take out the WA lens and Zen but found that I wanted to get used to the camera and lighting for one thing at a time rahter than constantly trying something new out.

     

     

    A few of the pics (blenny above) are with the inon wet lens.

  6. Wow, I came here to read about the camera but ending up just enjoying the images, including the full set. Lovely fishies !

     

    Bart

     

     

    Thanks, getting used to a new camera is a pet hate of mine, but there are some that i'm happy with and glad I bought the system.

  7. Nice set. I'm interested in what settings you used for a majority of the shark shots. It doesn't look like a strobe was used but it also looks like it was taken in low light. Just curious.

     

    Hi, all taken in M mode. Shutter 160 aperture 7.1 ( seems to be a sweetspot) and manual flash. The sharks were hunting close to the surface at sunset most evenings so there was a degree of ambient light, then I just added a spray of flash from one strobe to freeze the sharks.

  8. Super images for the first post Spencer!!!- the shark n fry shot is really lovely.

    Well done!

     

    :-)

  9. Ditto to the above comments, lovely shots, shark n fry capture is stunning......well done!

  10. Makes me want to book another trip to the Maldives, great pictures

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.