Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

question on Oly PT-EP05L housing for E-PL3 camera

Started by diverbtom ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

question on Oly PT-EP05L housing for E-PL3 camera

5 posts
  1. Hi

     

    I just bought an Oly E-PL3 and housing. I know the port can be replaced, and have not tried to remove it yet. One question for anyone that has changed the port....is there an O-ring. I already bought a spare for the housing, but did not see one listed on any site for the port?

     

    Generally with a lens port you would not leave the port mated to the housing (at least with the o-ring in place), but I am reluctant to remove the port if there is not an O-ring.

     

    thanks

  2. The port has two O-rings.

  3. Thanks Phil. I should have looked at the info on the Wen ports - it was obvious there. I find it interesting that I don't see the o-rings listed on any site.

  4. Thanks Phil - but I think that is the o-ring for the housing. I'm going to try contacting Oly and see what they say. For now - love the camera and can't wait to put it in the water

     

     

    Found them - had to look under Zen Port o rings http://reefphoto.com/shop/index.php?main_p...roducts_id=5457

    Edited by diverbtom
Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.