Aquatica focus gear trouble for nikon 12-24
I am having a devil of a time with the "massive" aquatica focus gear for the nikon 12-24. first of all it is impossible to insert the camera into the housing with the lens a gear attached because the lens release lever will not clear the gear. I did manage to mount the lens to the camera via the front of the housing after a lot of futzing, but it was a bit difficult and I did not like the crunchy grindy sounds produced as I rotated the lens on the camera mount.
I did get it installed but it does not mesh very well with the housing gear and tends to slip when nearing the 12 mm range.
no instructions were included with the gear other than a note explaining how to trim the O-ring if the gear would not slip onto the lens.
Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated
Chris
PS: that is one nice lens!