Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

LR 3.6 (& LR4 Beta)

Started by chemsaf ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

LR 3.6 (& LR4 Beta)

7 posts
  1. I have LR 3.6 (and also LR4 beta) and PS CS5 installed. I tried to do an EDIT IN "layers in Photoshop" with two images selected.

    Choices for Layers, HDR, Smart Object are all grayed out.

     

    My preferences are set to PSD.

     

    I cannot figure out what setting is wrong. Any help?

     

    Thanks

     

    Neal

  2. Hi Neal,

    I can't get the same error when I try what you're describing. But when I try to Edit in PS with two files it only opens the first one selected. Give it a try with one file selected and see what happens.

     

    Good Luck,

    Steve

  3. I can do that; my "layers" etc choices are grayed out. I have a couple of EFex addins installed, and they are not grayed out.

     

     

    Hi Neal,

    I can't get the same error when I try what you're describing. But when I try to Edit in PS with two files it only opens the first one selected. Give it a try with one file selected and see what happens.

     

    Good Luck,

    Steve

  4. I can do that; my "layers" etc choices are grayed out. I have a couple of EFex addins installed, and they are not grayed out.

    I am using CS4 but it certainly opens two pictures in layers or as HDR (3.6) havent tried it with 4 yet

    Bill

  5. I am using CS4 but it certainly opens two pictures in layers or as HDR (3.6) havent tried it with 4 yet

    Bill

     

    Hi Bill,

    I understood the question to be could you open more than one image in Lightroom to "edit in Photoshop" Does that work for you?

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  6. Hi Bill,

    I understood the question to be could you open more than one image in Lightroom to "edit in Photoshop" Does that work for you?

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

    I think, probably incorrectly that there were two questions. The first was that if you chose two pics the layers bit was grayed out. Not true in my case (Mac OS 10.6), LR3.6 and CS4. The commands work but only one picture actually opens (same as yours). HDR also opened but I don't know what that means.

     

    Bill

  7. SOLVED!

    LR and PS had become unglued in my REGISTRY. With the help of an Adobe tech and a Knowledgebase document, I successfully edited the registry and now all works properly.

    I have only screwed around with this for 2 weeks.

     

    Thank you all

     

    you can see some of my recent images at

     

    http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z436/chemsaf/

     

    Neal

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.