Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

mov to mpeg4 for broadcast

Started by Travy ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

mov to mpeg4 for broadcast

9 posts
  1. Hi all

     

    I need some help,I need to ftp a clip to a client.Usually I would send a MOV file however they can only receive MP4

    Files.So I dropped the mov into mpeg streamclip and made a mpeg4.

    The quality is better after it goes into mpeg streamclip but not good enough for broadcast,the picture is abit flakey

    From what I know,mpeg4 is a quality that is more suited for the web.

    So,how do I make a mov file into an mpeg4 without losing quality,is it even possible

     

     

     

     

    Thanks

  2. Hi all

     

    I need some help,I need to ftp a clip to a client.Usually I would send a MOV file however they can only receive MP4

    Files.So I dropped the mov into mpeg streamclip and made a mpeg4.

    The quality is better after it goes into mpeg streamclip but not good enough for broadcast,the picture is abit flakey

    From what I know,mpeg4 is a quality that is more suited for the web.

    So,how do I make a mov file into an mpeg4 without losing quality,is it even possible

     

     

     

     

    Thanks

     

    What exactly are you converting from and too? What were the settings you used for the conversion on MPEG Streamclip? You should be able to make a decent MPEG4 file.

  3. What exactly are you converting from and too? What were the settings you used for the conversion on MPEG Streamclip? You should be able to make a decent MPEG4 file.

     

     

    I shot an insert on DV Cam pal (H.264),done the editing in FCP,The exported from the timeline into a Quicktime MOV onto the desktop.I opened Mpeg Streamclip,dragged and dropped in the sequence onto mpeg streamclip,went to file,pressed export to mpeg4,set the quality on 100%, and frame size at 768 X 576 (4x3) and created an mpeg4,the video quality does'nt look like it can be broadcast.

  4. I shot an insert on DV Cam pal (H.264),done the editing in FCP,The exported from the timeline into a Quicktime MOV onto the desktop.I opened Mpeg Streamclip,dragged and dropped in the sequence onto mpeg streamclip,went to file,pressed export to mpeg4,set the quality on 100%, and frame size at 768 X 576 (4x3) and created an mpeg4,the video quality does'nt look like it can be broadcast.

     

    Are you able to post either a comparison frame grab or both videos so they can be compared. What is the issue with the image, distorted, artifacts etc etc

  5. Why not just export a MPEG4/AVC file straight from the timeline, or does FCP not allow you to do that?

    Edited by wagsy
  6. Why not just export a MPEG4/AVC file straight from the timeline, or does FCP not allow you to do that?

     

    Yeah you can do that and export as quicktime conversion - MPEG4, generally considered practise is to export a QT movie from the timeline with current settings and then convert in compressor.

  7. Hi Guys

     

    I've seem to have sorted the problem out,some settings was out on the other mac which we were using,however i have another problem now.

     

    Anybody familiar with Cyberduck,well i've sent through the file on FTP,114megs.When sending the file,it says upload complete but at the same time a window pops up saying upload failed.When i checked on the clients server,i see the whole file there at 114 megs,however the client says only half the file can be seen.Does anyone know what the problem is?

    Edited by Travy
  8. can not you just set it uploading again and tell it to resume when it finds the half file there so you don't have to upload the whole file again.

  9. Or use yousendit.com 100mb free or you can pay something like $30 for a year and upload 2gb files, I use it on a daily basis for sending client work around and it's great.

     

    Or try firefox firebug works like a dream too.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.