I have a friend visiting me in the UK from Canada in a few weeks. As I'm in the market for a D7000 (body only) I thought I might see about getting them to bring one over at Canadian prices. I have no idea where to look at buying from (amazon.ca don't seem to stock the body only). Anybody got any suggestions as to where I should buy it from?
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Canadian Internet Camera Store
Started by wizbowes ·
- 14Posts
- 14Replies
Read-only discussion
Canadian Internet Camera Store
-
-
www.thecamerastore.com in Calgary, they're the ones behind the 2 Youtube movies, battle for fstop ridge.
www.cameracanada.com
I've dealt with the 2 stores above, depends also where your friend lives, they will get charged the provincial tax of their home province. Alberta is 7%, BC is 12%, Ontario is 13%
cheers
Stu
-
I have a friend visiting me in the UK from Canada in a few weeks. As I'm in the market for a D7000 (body only) I thought I might see about getting them to bring one over at Canadian prices. I have no idea where to look at buying from (amazon.ca don't seem to stock the body only). Anybody got any suggestions as to where I should buy it from?
In which part of Canada does your friend live?
Clement
-
In which part of Canada does your friend live?
Clement
Should have said - Kelowna, BC. I wouldn't feel able to get them to go to a bricks and motar store btw - needs to be delivered....
-
Should have said - Kelowna, BC. I wouldn't feel able to get them to go to a bricks and motar store btw - needs to be delivered....
There's a Future Shop in Kelowna and they can deliver
-
I have a friend visiting me in the UK from Canada in a few weeks. As I'm in the market for a D7000 (body only) I thought I might see about getting them to bring one over at Canadian prices. I have no idea where to look at buying from (amazon.ca don't seem to stock the body only). Anybody got any suggestions as to where I should buy it from?
Why not B&H, why does it have to be a Canadian store?
Bill
-
You might be interested in trying these links also:
http://lensandshutter.com (no need for the www.)
http://www.thecamerastore.com/
www.Henrys.ca
www.Vistek.ca
http://www.lozeau.com/en-CA/ (for the English website)
All offer very quick and dependable shipping.
D7000 body only is coming in at about $1,149.99 CAD and up
Hope this helps
-
Why not B&H, why does it have to be a Canadian store?
Normally, I would comment that the reason to buy it in Canada (for someone who lives here) is that Nikon Canada won't honour the warranty on cameras purchased outside of the country. I guess if the camera is going back across the pond the warranty coverage will be an issue in any case.
I'm waiting for a D7000 as well, and it's my understanding that they are back-ordered until mid-February...
-
I've have a family member in Montreal (Quebec) that will visit me later this summer. And is thinking about ordering a camera body but also possibly housing if the price is good. I need to get delivery to them.
What are the duties etc if ordered from BH? Any recommended Canadian online stores for underwater photo gear?
Cheers
/O
-
I've have a family member in Montreal (Quebec) that will visit me later this summer. And is thinking about ordering a camera body but also possibly housing if the price is good. I need to get delivery to them.
What are the duties etc if ordered from BH? Any recommended Canadian online stores for underwater photo gear?
Cheers
/O
Duty is around 5% for goods manufactured outside the USA or Canada.
GST 5%
PST 9.5% (Québec)
Michel
-
go here, http://www.photoprice.ca/product/03307/Nik...7000-price.html
will give you a list of the pricing for most of the Canadian Dealers with and without taxes and lists a couple of the US stores with pricing. Seems Vistek has the best price right now and is very reputable.
Jamie
-
I've have a family member in Montreal (Quebec) that will visit me later this summer. And is thinking about ordering a camera body but also possibly housing if the price is good. I need to get delivery to them.
What are the duties etc if ordered from BH? Any recommended Canadian online stores for underwater photo gear?
Cheers
/O
If your family member is in Montreal proper, then they might want to check Lozeau at www.lozeau.com, they are by far the largest one in the province, the prices are usually very good and if anyone has inventory, its them.
They are right in my backyard, let me know if you need local assistance, I know them well worked there for 11 years in the past (my Pre Aquatica life, you might say
) , we get most of our camera gear from them. -
Vistek includes free shipping within Canada, too right now. I have dealt with them and they are good.
Cheers,
Marli
-
Vistek includes free shipping within Canada, too right now. I have dealt with them and they are good.
Cheers,
Marli
Other than most of the stuff they sell is way above competitor price. They do have some hard to find gear though. On TS: I use TheCameraStore (Calgary) or Kijiji (not a store).