Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Final Cut X Upgrade

Started by TheRealDrew ·

  • 15Posts
  • 15Replies

Read-only discussion

Final Cut X Upgrade

15 posts
  1. Apple updated Final Cut X. Looks like they nailed some good things.

     

    - Multicam editing with automatic sync and support for mixed formats, mixed frame rates, and up to 64 camera angles

    - Advanced chroma keying with controls for color sampling and edge quality

    - Media relink for manual reconnect of projects and Events to new media

    - Ability to import and edit layered Photoshop graphics

    - XML 1.1 with support for primary color grades, effect parameters, and audio keyframes

    - Beta version of broadcast monitoring with third-party PCIe and Thunderbolt I/O devices

     

    Something else to check out

     

    7toX for Final Cut Pro

     

    Converts old projects to X

     

    EDIT: Tried downloading through the App Store and it says I need to use software update since the application is already installed. Software update does not have it listed :)

     

    When this part gets straightened out I will post again. :)

    Edited by TheRealDrew
  2. EDIT: Tried downloading through the App Store and it says I need to use software update since the application is already installed. Software update does not have it listed :)

    Same here... :/

  3. Works fine for me through the App Store on the Laptop and Desktop; does not show on Software Update

    Edited by loftus
  4. OK, now it is working for me with the App Store. Looks like it is the whole thing, though, rather than an update - 1.47GB.

    Edited by ATJ
  5. Works fine for me through the App Store on the Laptop and Desktop; does not show on Software Update

     

     

    I got nothing still. App store says it is installed and go to software update. Not there either. ARGHHHHH :)

  6. Just be aware than when you do get the upgrade, it will want to convert all existing projects next time you run it.

  7. I got nothing still. App store says it is installed and go to software update. Not there either. ARGHHHHH :)
    Did you click on the button at the top of the window that says 'updates'?

    When you see the Final Cut pane on the home page it says installed, but when you click on Updates, it should say you have an update available.

  8. Did you click on the button at the top of the window that says 'updates'?

    When you see the Final Cut pane on the home page it says installed, but when you click on Updates, it should say you have an update available.

     

    Yes, the button says update in the updates. Click on it and it says already installed go to software updates and software updates does not list Final Cut. I may just delete it and see what happens.

  9. Yes, the button says update in the updates. Click on it and it says already installed go to software updates and software updates does not list Final Cut. I may just delete it and see what happens.

     

    That's what I had to do to update to .01 and .02.

  10. Weird!

     

    My update just....worked! On both my Mac Pro and MacBook Pro.

     

    No issues at all. When reopening FCPX it asked if I wanted to upgrade my projects and events to the latest version. Took a while to do, but again seemed to work fine.

     

    Anyone tried out 7toX yet?

     

    Adam

    Edited by adamhanlon
  11. I had no problems with either the Lion download or the updated X and Compressor downloads. Have not tried the 7-X yet but will. Right now I am testing the Event Manager also by the same company and it appears to work just fine.

    Steve

  12. I had no problems with either the Lion download or the updated X and Compressor downloads. Have not tried the 7-X yet but will. Right now I am testing the Event Manager also by the same company and it appears to work just fine.

    Steve

     

     

    Removed the older version and it now downloaded....did not see the Compressor update (it is not showing up)

  13. The compressor update should be in your new downloads page in the App Store. Drag your Compressor icon out of the apps folder into the trash and then download it. Once completed you can then empty the trash. Surprised you don't see it there though as that is how these downloads now work. Been on Lion for 2 days now and hate what it did to Mail and still trying to figure out some of the new things in Safari. Think the new App Launcher is pretty cool but this Mission Control gizmo seems like a waste.

    Steve

  14. Automatic Duck is dead with 10.0.3. So no AAF/OMF out again!

  15. Apparently with this new version I am wrong about having to drag the FC and Compressor icons to the trash. You no longer have to do that before installing.

    Steve

     

    Wrong again, went to download them to my laptop without having to bring them first to the trash. Didn't work this time so I trashed them first and then downloaded. Since it works for some one way and others, another, I interpret that to a bug in their installers.

    Edited by Steve Douglas
Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.