Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Split shots and diopter use

Started by wizbowes ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Split shots and diopter use

4 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I'm probably not going to get to go diving this year - but was wanting to get some shots of my kids in the pool this summer on my holidays. I want some nice split shots of them, but am a little unsure about using a diopter. I'll be using a D70s in a subal housing, with 8 inch dome. Normally I'd rent a 14-22 to use with this (with a +4 diopter) - but can't really afford it this time round so was thinking of using my 18-200 in there instead. Any ideas if this would work - and whether I would need to use my a diopter for half and half shots?

     

    I'm not after competition winners - just a decent snap of the kids in the pool - so corner sharpness etc is not too much of a consideration.

     

    Thanks

  2. You would be better off using the 18-55 lens, no diopter needed. the 18-200 is really big and long.

  3. You would be better off using the 18-55 lens, no diopter needed. the 18-200 is really big and long.

     

    Sadly I have to work with what I have.....

  4. Is that your only lens? The 18-55 can be purchased used for about $100

     

    Bill

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.