Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam NA-GH2 on tripod

Started by Davide DB ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam NA-GH2 on tripod

8 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    I have my NA-GH2 on the way.

    I ordered the tray and two handles but I need to put the housing on a tripod. Is there a central screw on the housing or a different way to put the housing on a tripod mount?

     

    Thank you in advance

  2. Hi Davide,

     

    I think that the housing has a tripod screw in it, certainly the housing was mounted onto a tripod at DEMA last year.

     

    I don't know if this was part of the question but I'm not sure whether you will be able to access this with the tray in place. Saying that though, I don't think you will need tray and tripod simultaneously.

     

    I'm sure one of the Nauticam team will be along shortly and can give you more precise information.

     

    All the best.

     

    Adam

  3. There are two 1/4-20 standard tripod screws on the bottom of the housing. Unfortunately they are the same two used for tray & handle attachment, so attaching a tray & a tripod will take some DIY action.

  4. There are two 1/4-20 standard tripod screws on the bottom of the housing. Unfortunately they are the same two used for tray & handle attachment, so attaching a tray & a tripod will take some DIY action.

     

    I'm desperate :lol:

     

    I need to mount the housing and lights on a scooter!!!

     

    I saw tht the bigger Nauticam housing have the handles attached at the side so the bottom tripod screw is free...

  5. I'm desperate :lol:

     

    I need to mount the housing and lights on a scooter!!!

     

    I saw tht the bigger Nauticam housing have the handles attached at the side so the bottom tripod screw is free...

     

    One way to do what you want right now that is pretty easy: Mount the lights using the M10 mounting hole in the top of the housing - to mount two you can use an MP clamp or triple clamp. Mount the housing to the scooter or tripod with the 1/4 20 holes on the housing. I've done this with the small Sola's on NEX5 on a tripod and it worked well. With bigger lights and/or fast scooter, that might not be ideal though.

     

    As Ryan says, it might take a little DIY right now... I'd lean towards fastening a tripod mount plate to the tray.

     

    We're working on some more ways to support tripods with trays attached, so stay tuned.

     

    Cheers,

    Cp

  6. As Ryan says, it might take a little DIY right now... I'd lean towards fastening a tripod mount plate to the tray.

     

    We're working on some more ways to support tripods with trays attached, so stay tuned.

     

    I'll see how proceed once I receive the whole package.

     

    Thanks

  7. Just an update for Nauticam users.

     

    I received my GH2 housing with the new flexitray which has two extra threaded holes foro tripod mount.

     

    Wonderful

     

    LHXqvl.jpg

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.