Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

housing for use as a pole camera.

Started by les11222 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

housing for use as a pole camera.

4 posts
  1. I've used an Aquatech DV4 with a canon 1d, as a pole camera held outside the cage to photograph white pointers as they approach caged divers ( in False Bay Capetown).

    I want to do the same with a smaller underwater housing using a canon 5D. Can someone suggest a suitable housing, that can go to 25m and also be used as a pole camera. (Aquatech is certified to 10m). The housing has to have, or be capable of being modified to have, a remote release cable and a watertight HDMI cable that plugs into a video screen to view what is happening underwater.

    Thanks.

  2. I would suggest an Ikelite as the cheapest and most suitable option...

  3. I believe Aquatica has a pole cam which can be used on its housing. Also I think it has an ability to use a monitor.

  4. thanks a lot for that info

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.