Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Nauticam port 50 /w 1.4x teleconverter?

Started by Fpena06 ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam port 50 /w 1.4x teleconverter?

6 posts
  1. Hello everyone,

     

    I currently have the following.

     

    Nikon D300s

    Nikkor 105mm

    Nauticam NA-300s

    Nauticam Port 50

     

    Can I use a 1.4x teleconverter with this setup without having to purchase port extension? If not what port extension will I need?

     

    Thank you in advance!

    Edited by Fpena06
  2. Hello everyone,

     

    I currently have the following.

     

    Nikon D300s

    Nikkor 105mm

    Nauticam NA-300s

    Nauticam Port 50

     

    Can I use a 1.4x teleconverter with this setup without having to purchase port extension? If not what port extension will I need?

     

    Thank you in advance!

     

    I believe you will need 20cm of extension (assuming the port you mention is the "Compact Port 50") (and assuming you are talking about a teleconverter with about the same dimensions as the Kenko 1.4). You could use either an "Extension Ring 20 with Lock" or a "Compact Port Extension 20". Note that if you have a manual focus ring, it won't work with the TC attached.

     

    Cheers,

    Cp

  3. I believe you will need 20cm of extension (assuming the port you mention is the "Compact Port 50") (and assuming you are talking about a teleconverter with about the same dimensions as the Kenko 1.4). You could use either an "Extension Ring 20 with Lock" or a "Compact Port Extension 20". Note that if you have a manual focus ring, it won't work with the TC attached.

     

    Cheers,

    Cp

     

    Thanks Cp very helpful! Any benefit for one or the other? Notice a bit of a price difference between the two.

    Edited by Fpena06
  4. Thanks Cp very helpful! Any benefit for one or the other? Notice a bit of a price difference between the two.

     

    The Extension Ring 20 would be useful for other port combinations (example: 8.5" dome and Tokina 10-17mm). The Compact Extension is a tiny bit lighter (good for travel) and cheaper (good for wallet), but would be mostly useful for this one purpose only and is a little more of a pain to swap out.

     

    Cheers,

    Cp

  5. The Extension Ring 20 would be useful for other port combinations (example: 8.5" dome and Tokina 10-17mm). The Compact Extension is a tiny bit lighter (good for travel) and cheaper (good for wallet), but would be mostly useful for this one purpose only and is a little more of a pain to swap out.

     

    Cheers,

    Cp

     

    You sold me when you mentioned the 10-17 :lol: my next lens. Thanks again.

  6. I believe you will need 20cm of extension (assuming the port you mention is the "Compact Port 50") (and assuming you are talking about a teleconverter with about the same dimensions as the Kenko 1.4). You could use either an "Extension Ring 20 with Lock" or a "Compact Port Extension 20". Note that if you have a manual focus ring, it won't work with the TC attached.

     

    Cheers,

    Cp

     

    I guess that it should be 20 mm of extension :lol:.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.