Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Subsea or FIT Pro diopter

Started by sharky1961 ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Subsea or FIT Pro diopter

6 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I am looking for a wet diopter.

    Wich would you recommend and why the Subsea or the FIT Pro??

    Who has done some comparissing tests with them??

     

     

    Rob

  2. Have a look at this

     

    This doesn't however take into account the size and weight of the diopters and ease of use. I sell both of them but still prefer a combo of +8 and +16 FIT Pro for size and ease of lighting but this takes the price upwards somewhat.

     

    http://www.deepshots.co.uk/2012/02/deepsho...e-up-lens-test/

  3. thanks Alex.helped me a lot.

    How much bigger in size is the Sub sea +5 compared to the Fit Pro +8?

  4. SUbsee is a 67mm thread, Fit Pro is a 46mm thread. Fit Pro is also about half the depth.

  5. Rob - I know it's probably a little late, but just so you know what you're purchasing, beware that the stated dioptric strengths of the FIT lenses are only valid in air. Underwater, they lose around 60-70% of their power because their lens elements are not sealed in air. Here are their approximate values underwater:

     

    F.I.T. +5 = +2

    F.I.T. +8 = +3

    F.I.T. +16 = +5

     

    So combining the F.I.T. +5 and +8 is as powerful as the SubSee +5 on its own, and combining the F.I.T. +16, +8, and +5 are as powerful as the SubSee +10 on its own.

     

    Keri

  6. Rob - I know it's probably a little late, but just so you know what you're purchasing, beware that the stated dioptric strengths of the FIT lenses are only valid in air. Underwater, they lose around 60-70% of their power because their lens elements are not sealed in air. Here are their approximate values underwater:

     

    F.I.T. +5 = +2

    F.I.T. +8 = +3

    F.I.T. +16 = +5

     

    So combining the F.I.T. +5 and +8 is as powerful as the SubSee +5 on its own, and combining the F.I.T. +16, +8, and +5 are as powerful as the SubSee +10 on its own.

     

    Keri

     

     

    +16+8+5 = + 29 no ? And the focal length - must be squishing the fish ? So water will reduce magnification due to surface curvature - make it 33% less efficient Hmmm!

     

    LOL. Thats a lot of glass just to do +10......Definitely not compact. Longer than Subsee for sure.

     

    Could fix that. Just add air and less glass ;0)

     

    Cheers

     

    David

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.