Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

CS5 PP Color Correction

Started by BC-SeaDragon ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

CS5 PP Color Correction

4 posts
  1. Hi All

     

    Looking for some info on color correction with PP CS5. Has anyone found any good tutorial videos out there? Specifically with underwater video, blue and or green water.

     

    I have played around with a lot of the CC functions just looking for a little more detailed help with tweaking.

     

    Lacking time to surf the web and wetpixel in search of something so I thought I would make a post.

     

    Thanks in advance,

     

    Kelly

  2. Not really an expert as I started using PP CS5.5 (not 5) a few months ago. I used the RGB curves correction to crunch the greens and boost the reds and blues with some success, until I discovered that After Effect (which comes with the Creative Suite) has a rather powerful tool described in some details in the video of week 39 on The Underwater Realm website (http://www.theunderwaterrealm.com/page/3). There is a thread somewhere on the forum about it (which I can't find).

    Of course the success of any correction depends on the starting material. If you have no reds to begin with, you won't get any. Lights help (to some extent) and, if not too deep, MWB. But if you are not too deep, color correction will probably work reasonably well anyway.

    I'll shut up and let the pros speak (so that I can learn too). Are you using PP on a PC?

  3. Take a look at the plug-in www.niksoftware.com/viveza/en/entry.php?view=intro

    Edited by Timmoranuk
  4. Kelly

    I've had some success using the Fast Colour Correcter. First thing I do is use the White balance eye-dropper to select something white in the picture and the fine tune it on the colour wheel. The input/output sliders for the blacks and highlights is also useful.

    I can't find the links just now (I think they might be on the Adobe website) but I found the Lynda tutorials useful.

    Haven't found anything myself but something specific to underwater use would be really useful.

    Chhers

    Steve

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.