Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

In Search of Scottish Baskers

Started by Jo Horrocks ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

In Search of Scottish Baskers

13 posts
  1. Hi Wetpixellers,

     

    Thought you might like to see a short video trip report I've pulled together from last year's visit to the Inner Hebrides with Alex Mustard.

     

    [youtubehd]8-5GWqNprFc[/youtubehd]

     

    Hope you enjoy,

     

    Jo

  2. Lovely video Jo. Reminds me of a great month I spent hunting for minke whales around Mull many years ago. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

     

    Fergus

  3. Exceptionally well put together Jo! The narration is wonderful. Thanks for sharing it with us.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  4. Hi Jo

     

    Hey I know that place!! :D

     

    Lovely film and it made me want to jump into my truck and head back there right now while I was watching it (then I realised it was still February Doh!). Really well done!!

     

    Cheers, Simon

  5. Lovely video Jo. Reminds me of a great month I spent hunting for minke whales around Mull many years ago. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

     

    Fergus

    Fergus, a month!! You lucky person, we had to cram everything in to 5 days!!

     

    Yeah, had a brilliant time and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone. :D

     

    Jo

  6. Hi Jo

     

    Hey I know that place!! :D

     

    Lovely film and it made me want to jump into my truck and head back there right now while I was watching it (then I realised it was still February Doh!). Really well done!!

     

    Cheers, Simon

     

    Hi Simon,

     

    Yeah, only you had flat calm and loads of Baskers!!!!

     

    Now wouldn't that be nice to go right now, would be great to see what's around at this time of year!!! Definitely need that lottery win!!!

  7. Exceptionally well put together Jo! The narration is wonderful. Thanks for sharing it with us.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

    Thanks Steve, makes the effort worthwhile!! Glad you enjoyed it. :D

  8. Most enjoyable, looks like everyone had a wonderful time. And, oh, those basking sharks. Between you and Simon, I don't know who to be most jealous of.

    Steve

  9. Most enjoyable, looks like everyone had a wonderful time. And, oh, those basking sharks. Between you and Simon, I don't know who to be most jealous of.

    Steve

     

    Hi Steve,

     

    You'll need to get yourself over here and try it for yourself!! There's always that nagging doubt in the back of your mind, you line yourself up with a fin above the waves, then hope that the right type of shark appears out of the gloom!!! :D

     

    Jo

  10. Hi Steve,

     

    You'll need to get yourself over here and try it for yourself!! There's always that nagging doubt in the back of your mind, you line yourself up with a fin above the waves, then hope that the right type of shark appears out of the gloom!!! :D

     

    Jo

     

    :)

     

    Yes couldn't agree more! Most people don't realise just how closely related Baskers are to White sharks and just how much they actually look like them when they have their mouth closed. Even though you know it is a little old 'harmless' Basker your brain is still calculating the odds.... ;)

  11. Not a problem Simon, I'll just fin behind you should it be a white.

    Steve :D

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.