Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Red Sea Short

Started by BC-SeaDragon ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Red Sea Short

12 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    Here is a short video I just finished from Northern Wrecks & Reefs, Brothers and Elphinstone.

     

    Here is the link (kept showing error after embedding?)

     

     

     

    As always all comments and critiques are welcome and appreciated.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Kelly

    Edited by BC-SeaDragon
  2. I enjoyed your video very much.

    Thanks for charing.

  3.  

    Embedded.

     

    Adam

  4. Lovely well done! :lol:

     

    What camera were you using?

     

    Cheers, Simon

     

    p.s. where did you see the Grey Reef's?

  5. Thanks Simon.

     

    Sony XR500-L&M-Fathom 90-Sunray 1200

     

    Grey reefs were at "Little Brother"

     

    The only sharks I saw in 2 trips to the same area in May and Dec.

     

    Got really unlucky at "Big Brother". I had a very very slow buddy preparing for dives and the one time that I asked him to be ready early so we could be first to the one plateau where Threshers are often seen we got skunked. The rest of the group stayed with one in the exact spot shortly after us for about 10 minutes. It was coming back and forth and also very close from what I understand grrrr. Luck of the draw I guess. No Longimanus either which would have made me a very very happy boy.

     

    Unfortunately weather stopped us from making it to Daedalus too.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Kelly

  6. Awesome, really nice video. Is that a standard trip to Egypt or were you lucky to see a lot of it? Barracuda, sharks, cuttlefish, napoleon wrasse etc etc it looked like something from Indonesia!!

  7. Really nice footage Kelly. Thanks for sharing. :lol:

     

    Jo

  8. Great job Kelly. Glad to see your keeping active.

  9. Enjoyed that: thanks for sharing.

     

    R

  10. Nice video. I wonder how that moray broke its tooth.

  11. Great video, can't wait to go back!

  12. Thanks for all of the kind remarks!

     

    Awesome, really nice video. Is that a standard trip to Egypt or were you lucky to see a lot of it? Barracuda, sharks, cuttlefish, napoleon wrasse etc etc it looked like something from Indonesia!!

     

    This was from 2 trips in the Red Sea (12 days of diving). Both trips had their differences as they were opposite times of the year with different water temps. The Red Sea is quite diverse hosting wrecks, walls and reefs but IMHO I don't think its quite at the Indo level. Macro was almost none existent except for a few crustaceans, couple of nudis and some pipe fish. However it does have some nice wide angle and can have some amazing vis. I wouldn't hesitate to go back. Maybe a Sudan safari next time though.

     

     

    Great job Kelly. Glad to see your keeping active.

     

    Thanks Peter. I was very active last year and this year started with Similans and Lembeh. The editing is starting to pile up.

     

     

    Nice video. I wonder how that moray broke its tooth.

     

    Thanks Nick, not too sure about the tooth, they can be pretty reckless hunters though.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.