Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Marie Colvin killed

Started by loftus ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Marie Colvin killed

2 posts
  1. Not underwater related, but really sad such a brave photojournalist was killed in Syria with French photojournalist Remi.

    Reading through the article it struck me a comment she made about putting her life in danger:

    "So, was I stupid? Stupid I would feel writing a column about the dinner party I went to last night,"

    Some of us divers, though not putting ourselves at risk nearly as much, could answer a similar thing when people ask us about jumping in the water with big animals etc.

     

    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/02/22/am.../#ixzz1n7qS1cu1

  2. Her last interview with Coop was quite amazing. With journalism going pop-culture, it'll get harder to get "real" news in today's world.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.