Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Leaking Nimar

Started by KSund ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Leaking Nimar

7 posts
  1. Hello

    I've bought a used, and not much used housing for my Canon 50D.

     

    Unfortunately it's leaking! After replacing a lot of buttons, testing with toiletpaper I've finelly found the leak!

     

    But it's a small crack in the plastic!

     

    Could the housing get repaired? And how could it be done/who does it?

     

    -Kim-

  2. I don't think you have any chance.

     

    Maybe for surface work you may be able to fix it with some silicone glue, depending on exactly where the crack is, but I wouldn't feel confident.

     

    For anything at depth, I am pretty shire there is nothing you can do because of the increasing pressure on the walls of the housing.

     

    Anyway, its always worth a try to contact Nimar and ask them.

     

    And if the housing was sold to you leaking I would certainly complaint...

     

    Good luck

     

     

    Completely off topic but maybe it interests you... i am selling my Ikelite for canon 40D/50D

  3. I have contacted the dealer, but i don't have much hope that Nimar would fix it.

     

    I'm thinking of melting the plastic with a soldering bolt, and then maybe som epoxy after.

     

    What's the price for your Ikelite?

  4. I didn't think much about it because only now decided to sell... but if Imake everything at less then half price we get:

     

    Housing

    500£

     

    8" Dome

    200£

     

    port for 60mm macro

    50£

     

    port for 100 macro with manual focus

    100£

     

    Flash DS 125

    400£ 450£ with ball arm and charger (x2 - 900£)

     

    Dual sync cord (2 strobes)

    70£

     

    sync cord

    40£

     

    sync cord Ike to sea&sea/Inon (no auto ttl)

    40£

     

    Miscellaneous spares and o-rings

    20£

     

    That makes a total of 1920£

    So I sell the lot for 1700£, the buyer pays pay pall fees and I pay the postage

  5. Sounds like a great setup, but a little bit expencive for a student like me at the moment. And I needs to wait untill I get an answer from the dealer.

  6. oosantoo: Do you have the "print/liveview" button on your housing?

  7. Hi

     

    Yes it does. And the electronics have also been updated so they offer full automatic t/l both with canon 40D and canon 50D

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.