Hi Everyone!
So, heres the deal. I just ordered my Nikon D7000, body only. I'm pretty new to photography in general. The plan is to take this baby diving in a Sea & Sea housing. Im looking for a good 'walk around' lens thats good to learn with, topside, but that I can still play with underwater. I've been looking at many many options and I'm making myself nuts looking at review after review from people who have no clue about underwater photography.
I've got access to a bunch of great lenses to take underwater, but am finding it hare to use them topside: 10.5 mm fisheye, 16mm fisheye, 60mm macro, and 12-24 wide angle zoom. Im lucky that I'll get to use these, but i find 12-24 to be unwieldy on the surface.
I know that the best way to learn is practice, but i find the above lenses to be a bit discouraging for a beginner. The lenses that I've been looking at are Nikon AF-S DX 18-55 f/3.5-5.6G VR and the Nikon AF-S DX 18-70 f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED or the 18-105mm d7000 kit lens. I'm def limited by price, so I'm trying to keep it below $300.00 and I don't know how to find out what works best in Sea & Sea housings.
SO..
Does anyone out there have experience with D7000 underwater, that can offer me some insights on a pretty versatile starter lens?
Any/all advice is appreciated.
Thanks!