Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

NikonD4,XQD,Enternet and the D4

Started by FLAFROG ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

NikonD4,XQD,Enternet and the D4

5 posts
  1. I can't help thinking that XQD is Nikon's thank you to Sony for the D4 sensor. Everyone who buys a D4 will be spending rather a lot of money with Sony on cards!

     

    Alex

  2. I can't help thinking that XQD is Nikon's thank you to Sony for the D4 sensor. Everyone who buys a D4 will be spending rather a lot of money with Sony on cards!

     

    Alex

     

    Alex,

    Interesting point,I'll ask my friends at Nikon that question, OT how did your tests between the Nikon 12-24 vs Nikon 10-24 go?

  3. I meant to reply to you on Facebook about that. The Nikon 10-24mm was superior (difference small, but clear) when I compared them behind the Sea & Sea dome. I compared the 12-24mm at 12mm with the 10-24mm at 10 and 12mm. But it wasn't an exhaustive test - since nobody was very interested - so none of the manufacturers/dealers came forward with any domes etc to try. I couldn't even borrow a zoom gear!

     

    Alex

  4. I can't help thinking that XQD is Nikon's thank you to Sony for the D4 sensor. Everyone who buys a D4 will be spending rather a lot of money with Sony on cards!

     

    Alex

    It may be, but 30% or more faster than any existing CF card can probably make a real difference shooting the high frame rates

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.