Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Viewfinder

Started by seansrs968 ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Viewfinder

7 posts
  1. Can anyone recommend a viewfinder for the Ikelite housing? I am using my 7d.

  2. I make adapters for the inon 45 or the inon 180. The Aquaview is a very nice viewfinder but it is to large to fit in the standard hole. It could be installed but the housing would have to be modified.

     

    You can find information here http://www.uwcamerastuff.com/inon.htm

  3. The Nauticam 180 VF would not fit on the 7d Ikelite housing, due to some of the buttons being so close to the viewfinder.

     

    Make sure anything you do order has been specifically tested on that housing/camera combination.

     

    Otara

  4. Can you tell us what the diameter of the part that goes inside the housing is for the Nauticam 180 VF? I agree that the end user would have to have a special adapter, similar to the Inon ones I make.

  5. Can you tell us what the diameter of the part that goes inside the housing is for the Nauticam 180 VF? I agree that the end user would have to have a special adapter, similar to the Inon ones I make.

     

    There is an adapter for Ikelite housings and Nauticam VF's provided by Nauticam. It will work on most Ikelite housings.

     

    The problem wasnt the adapter as such, it was that the actual box part of the Nauticam VF - it was too close to the housing, and impacting on the buttons, as they stick too far up. Its fairly unique to that housing/camera combo I think, hence the warning, and I dont know if it would apply to other VF's but wouldnt be surprised, particularly for the Inon 45. You'd need to either blank off those buttons and forgo liveview etc, or add a spacer to the adapter, which would probably impact on its effectiveness.

     

    Otara

  6. I custom make each adapter for the specific housing. I also manufacture shorter knobs so the viewfinder box has more clearance. Sometimes we can even swap out the push buttons with shorter ones also for added clearance. I would not recommend adding a spacer unless you also like housing leaks.

  7. I custom make each adapter for the specific housing. I also manufacture shorter knobs so the viewfinder box has more clearance. Sometimes we can even swap out the push buttons with shorter ones also for added clearance. I would not recommend adding a spacer unless you also like housing leaks.

     

    Well with the knobs/buttons impacting, there isnt a lot of room.

     

    http://www.ikelite.com/web_two/can_7d.html

     

    You have the raw/jpeg button almost flush, the on-off button sticking out a fair bit, and the liveview button as well. I cant remember which ones were causing most trouble, I think it was the liveview as its right next to the VF hole, maybe the on-off knob as well.

     

    But you're the guy making them and we're talking different VF's anyhow. I hope a workable situation can happen with Inon, but it was a complete nogo with what I had.

     

    Otara

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.