Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Sea star or brittle star jelly fish hitchhikers?

Started by Nick Hope ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea star or brittle star jelly fish hitchhikers?

3 posts
  1. Hi Nick - they look like brittle stars to me.

     

    I'd love to know if the pelagic larva settled on the jelly & stayed there or if the jelly got too close to the bottom & they climbed on. I suspect it's the first option.

     

    Cheers, Leslie

  2. Thanks Leslie. Looks like there are at least 4 on there so I suppose they must have settled pretty quickly. Or do pelagic larvae tend to stick together?

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.