Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Nikon Thailand's ad agency uses 5D2 and Phantom HD clips for D800 promo

Started by Drew ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon Thailand's ad agency uses 5D2 and Phantom HD clips for D800 promo

11 posts
  1. Nikon's new D800 promo (now withdrawn from the public) included clips from a 5D2 user and also Phantom HD slow motion. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the promo video to be shot with the camera its promoting, but I guess the ad agency decided to cheat a bit (or a lot!) LOL

     

    http://www.steves-digicams.com/news/whoops...aunch_d800.html

     

    Worst of all, they used some of them without permission! I think Nikon needs to fire that ad agency. If it's in-house, then they need to clean house! :swimmingfish:

    Edited by Drew
  2. Will give the lawyers a new Porsche or two then.....

     

    Paul C

  3. *facepalm*

  4. Oops

  5. I hope they don't pay that ad agencies bill. lol

    Edited by wagsy
  6. That's a classic!

  7. To be absolutely accurate, it was the Bangkok launch that used this video, so it was the Thai office that produced this.

     

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q352NTtsPec

     

    So while it's an official product, I guess it's not all bad as it's only a subsidiary and not the HQ. :)

  8. I can't believe that they even used shots from the snowboard movie 'The Art of Flight' did they really think that people wouldn't notice?

     

    Very funny, well not really....

  9. Well I do think they thought no one would put it up on youtube. They had a budget, Nikon didn't give them much stock clips and there you go. Stupid decision to break copyright.

  10. Reminds me that on the BBC TV show Top Gear the other week they did a piece on Saab, showing some old Saab adverts claiming how Saab's had superior engineering because they are the only car company to also make fighter jets. One of the jets in the video was an F16 and on another advert the Saab fighter had a Volvo engine!

     

    Alex

  11. Seems they settled with Terje. I'm wondering what Red Bull Media got from them as compensation for the snow boarding clips?

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.