Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Stomach or Heart? - Shrimp

Started by liquidguru ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Stomach or Heart? - Shrimp

2 posts
  1. I filmed this transparent Cuapetes sp. shrimp and noticed that behind it's eyes was a dark sort of kidney-shaped organ that was pumping up and down. Having had a look at some crustacean anatomy books I'm not sure if this is it's heart or it's stomach.

     

    [vimeohd]37919149[/vimeohd]

     

    Any help appreciated :)

     

    Kaj

  2. I would venture a guess and say stomach. Trying to shrimp-eye the video by keeping one eye on the front end, and the other eye on the organ in question- you can kindof see the feeding linked to the movement (dont try this at home, you eyes might stay like that forever! :) ).

    Thats damn neat though! Thanks!

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.