Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

canon extension tubes

Started by wgreenti ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

canon extension tubes

8 posts
  1. Does anyone have any experience with the Canon EF 12 II or EF 25 II extension tubes?

     

    I want to use them to get closer with the Canon 50 mm and 100 mm macro lenses in an Aquatica housing.

  2. Yes, both work well with the Canon 60mm and 100mm macros and unlike third party extension tubes, preserve autofocus.

  3. Great, and thanks.

     

    Do you have an idea what the closest focus is with the tubes? I will need to determine the need to modify selection of port collars.

     

    Yes, both work well with the Canon 60mm and 100mm macros and unlike third party extension tubes, preserve autofocus.
  4. Yes, both work well with the Canon 60mm and 100mm macros and unlike third party extension tubes, preserve autofocus.

    I use the Kenko set, and they preserve autofocus.

  5. I use the Kenko set, and they preserve autofocus.

     

    Not that I challenge your information but I was led to understand that only Canon tubes provided autofocus. Maybe there are different Kenko models, some do some don't? But those that do would certainly be cheaper that the OEM versions. I got my Canons from an Amazon seller for a very reasonable price.

     

    I would add to my last that, u/w, tubes really shine on the Canon 100mm and maybe are not so useful on the 60mm. A 25mm on the 100mm glass and a INON UCL-165 takes you into a whole new world... Incidentally, this is a combo which you can use topside too as the Canon 100mm filter thread is 67mm.

     

    Enjoy, Tim

  6. Not that I challenge your information but I was led to understand that only Canon tubes provided autofocus. Maybe there are different Kenko models, some do some don't? But those that do would certainly be cheaper that the OEM versions. I got my Canons from an Amazon seller for a very reasonable price.

     

    I would add to my last that, u/w, tubes really shine on the Canon 100mm and maybe are not so useful on the 60mm. A 25mm on the 100mm glass and a INON UCL-165 takes you into a whole new world... Incidentally, this is a combo which you can use topside too as the Canon 100mm filter thread is 67mm.

     

    Enjoy, Tim

    Only the Canon will let you use EFS lenses and keep autofocus AFAIK. I use it with a tamron 1.4 tele and the Canon 60 macro. The keno tubes that I have will not fit the efs lenses but they do keep autofocus on the ef lenses.

    Bill

  7. Not that I challenge your information but I was led to understand that only Canon tubes provided autofocus. Maybe there are different Kenko models, some do some don't? But those that do would certainly be cheaper that the OEM versions. I got my Canons from an Amazon seller for a very reasonable price.

     

    I would add to my last that, u/w, tubes really shine on the Canon 100mm and maybe are not so useful on the 60mm. A 25mm on the 100mm glass and a INON UCL-165 takes you into a whole new world... Incidentally, this is a combo which you can use topside too as the Canon 100mm filter thread is 67mm.

     

    Enjoy, Tim

     

    Yes theres straight non electrical tubes, and ones like the Kenko. And EF only, the person above said 50mm, not 60mm so may be fine for both.

     

    The 100mm is 58mm or 67mm, depending on L or not, but a step ring is only a couple of dollars.

     

    Otara

  8. Only the Canon will let you use EFS lenses and keep autofocus AFAIK

     

    And EF only, the person above said 50mm, not 60mm so may be fine for both.
    My Kenko extension tubes (Kenko Extension Tube For C/AFs) will accept both EF and EF-S lenses, my Canon EF-S 60 macro works fine with them. They even have a white dot for aligning EF-S lenses and a red dot for aligning EF lenses when mounting the lens on the extension tube.

     

    My wife and I did a little shooting with Canon 100 macro lenses and Kenko extension tubes last Saturday (she was using the 20mm extension and 50D and I had the 36mm extension on my 7D), auto focus worked fine:

     

    Julian Rocks - 3 March 2012

     

    Edit:

     

    After a little more research I've found there are two different Kenko Extension tube sets (12mm, 20mm & 36mm) for Canon. If label ends in C/AF they will only work with EF lenses, if it ends in C/AFs (like mine) they will work with both EF and EF-S lenses.

    Edited by Gudge
Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.