Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

EPL-2 Settings

Started by Mooseman1007 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

EPL-2 Settings

3 posts
  1. Im lucky enough to be about to depart on a trip out to Bunaken and Lembeh in a couple of weeks, and was thinking about maximising my pics by throwing some videos into the mix. I was hoping someone could advise as to the best settings for the camera (focussing, metering, white balance, shutter speed etc). I have a sheet of Lee "Bastard Pink" filter which I can cut to size over the lens if needs be.

    My rig is an Olympus EPL-2 in Olympus housing. I have the 9-18 wide angle and Zen dome, plus the 14-42 kit lens (behind dome or stock flat port), and have 2 Inon wet diopters that I can bolt on for macro. I use a YS-01 strobe and have one of the little fantasea nano focus lights (or I can attach a Lenser Frogman torch with diffuser if I want some macro video light !)

     

    My fiance was the lucky recipient of a Sola 800 and tray/handle for her Panasonic TZ10 and will be using that mainly for videos, so any suggestions for best settings on that rig would also be appreciated

    Cheers

    Mooseman

  2. bump !

  3. bump !

    I went to the Drafahl's website and they had much to say about E-PL2. In addition, they are suggesting using high power LED lights like the Sola.

    Look up that and you may be switching from strobe??

     

    They suggested:

    "We use to exposure settings. Program mode we use ISO 400. In manual mode, we use ISO 400 and 1/250 sec at f/8 or f/11 for wide angle and adjust the shutter speed to get the best background exposure. When shooting macro, we also start at 1/250 sec, but bump up the f/stop a little to f/16 The key is not to be afraid of using ISO 400. It has almost no noise and can be easily editing in Lightroom or Elements."

     

    I will be trying those in a couple of weeks

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.