Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

D7000 Lightning setup

Started by PhotographingBlind ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

D7000 Lightning setup

6 posts
  1. I bought a hugyfot housing for my D7000.

    My setup as you can see on the picture is an inon S-2000 and a metalsub HID-200 light.

    Is that S-2000 good on that side of the housing ?

    I have a small arm and a big arm size of inon i find the small arm easier to use….

    Should i connect the big and small size together, i find it very clumsy to dive with it… ?

     

    I will mount my metal sub light on top of my housing is that a good idea ?

     

    The second option is to mount it at the other side of the housing and use it as a second strobe.(with the big size inon arm)

    What is the best option ?

     

     

    Whit what should i dive with when i use my Wa lens (tokina 10-17). ?

    Only my metal sub and magic filter ?

    Or metal sub and inon s-2000 ?

     

     

     

    Please advice ?

    post-34993-1331290655.jpg

  2. Do you use the metalsub as a focuslight, or as a main light for the photos. If it is the last, you will get into trouble white balancing its light with ambient light (omgevingslicht if you're flemish, dont know the word in french) and the light from the strobe (that will be 3 different light colours). I would advice to use the strobe only. For the magic filter, you have to use ambient light .

     

    For macro, the shorter arm probably is enough. It really depends for wide angle. In this thread http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14131 there is a wealth of info on strobe arm length for wide angle. The side of the housing doenst really matter, use whatever side of the housing you want the light to come from.....

  3. Do you use the metalsub as a focuslight, or as a main light for the photos. If it is the last, you will get into trouble white balancing its light with ambient light (omgevingslicht if you're flemish, dont know the word in french) and the light from the strobe (that will be 3 different light colours). I would advice to use the strobe only. For the magic filter, you have to use ambient light .

     

    For macro, the shorter arm probably is enough. It really depends for wide angle. In this thread http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14131 there is a wealth of info on strobe arm length for wide angle. The side of the housing doenst really matter, use whatever side of the housing you want the light to come from.....

     

    I would use it both, a focus light and a light for the photo...

    You say i better not use the light for the photo. Okay i can understand that.

    Is there a way i can make a system that the metalsub automatically yurns of when I make a photo ?

     

    If i use my WA lens, can i use my metalsub if i dont use my flash for taking pictures ?

    wath would you prefer to take WA pictures with :

     

    - S-2000 only

     

    - Metalsub

     

    - Magic filter

     

     

    ps. Can i use my metalsub HID 200 for filming macro and wa ?

  4. I'm sorry my post isn't helpful at all, but I'm very interested in this question, too. I've been planning to get a Hugy housing for my D7000 as well. I have also considered the Inon s-2000 strobe, but would probably use my Sola 1200 for lighting up my photos before I manage to save up for proper strobes.

     

    If anyone has example photos that have been taken with a dive torch as a "strobe", I would really like to see some. PhotographingBlind, have you had any opportunity to test your setup yet? :drink:

  5. Won't the HID mounted on top of housing illuminate all the particles in front of the lens?

     

    Can't see the S2000 with or without the HID giving the effective light coverage you need for the 10-17. Best option may be

    just the Magic Filter till you begin to add a pair of decent strobes.

     

    I'm making an assumption you are wanting to use these two different types of lighting(HID and Strobe) for two different

    types of imaging(Still and Video)? If this is the case I fear you will simply end up just getting poor results with both. My

    other concern would be attaching the canister light head to the housing, is the battery cannister then attached to your BCD?

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  6. Won't the HID mounted on top of housing illuminate all the particles in front of the lens?

     

    Can't see the S2000 with or without the HID giving the effective light coverage you need for the 10-17. Best option may be

    just the Magic Filter till you begin to add a pair of decent strobes.

     

    I'm making an assumption you are wanting to use these two different types of lighting(HID and Strobe) for two different

    types of imaging(Still and Video)? If this is the case I fear you will simply end up just getting poor results with both. My

    other concern would be attaching the canister light head to the housing, is the battery cannister then attached to your BCD?

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

    Yes, the canister is atached to my dive tank.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.